Monday, July 13, 2009

Kodak Retinette

In the years before I bought my first Pentax-SLR, I used my mothers Kodak Retinette 1A - Not sure about the specific type though. Obviously it was all SLR and no Retinette from that moment (May 1996), so the Kodak was returned to it´s previous owner and never seen again.
After scanning some old negatives recently, I realised how good the Retinette pictures were, all things considered (no light meter, no distance measuring).
This led me to bid on a Retinette on eBay - though not received yet (and cost £5), i´m quite optimstic :) . From the pictures it looks like a type 042. It also seems to have some sort of filter on the lens too, but time will tell.

Anyway, here are some of the pictures I scanned. They are all shot with unbranded 200-film, but I think the local photo store at that time used agfa film and branded them with their own company name (Foto Knudsen). Pictures are scanned from negatives and time has not fared too well with the negatives, they are a bit scratched and dusty.

St. Petersburg april 1995 (looks more like 1965).

Roskilde festival 1995 (with Jimmy Page and Robert Plant on stage)

Torquay July 1992 (not the Fawlty Towers)

No comments:

Post a Comment